Do you have the experience necessary to manage across multiple business investments, product verticals, and engineering initiatives in order to achieve a company’s desired end-state? Safebox is seeking an experienced and motivated mid-level Technical Program Manager to lead business-critical technology projects for our clients.
A candidate poised for success will have strong business acumen and some experience leading large technology initiatives. Critical success factors for a successful candidate include a knack for professional finesse to get things done, the ability to plan ahead, understand dependencies, foresee roadblocks, and take measures to ensure successful project completion. Assertiveness combined with a focus on building partnerships and a solution-oriented mindset are musts for this role.
- Work closely with Technical Subject Matter Experts and Business Stakeholders to iron out implementation details and resourcing, and with other stakeholders across the company to create project timelines.
- Act as Scrum Master and coach that has an inherent ability to use a light touch to find ways to help the Engineering team be more efficient.
- Ensure the flow of information between cross-functional teams with a focused eye on schedule, scope, and budget management.
- Support activities to achieve company strategy, align teams, collaborate with cross-functional stakeholders, and deliver on complex programs.
- Blends strategic and tactical leadership
- Technical proficiency and domain expertise to discuss complex technical requirements, prioritization, trade-offs, and risk exposure runbooks
- Ability to take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner
- SDLC agnostic and can deliver in Waterfall, Agile, Hybrid with various toolsets and delivery models
- Understands how the technology solution capabilities will help meet the business outcomes and program goals
- Anticipates bottlenecks to drive conversations for making tradeoffs of technical constraints against scope, schedule, and budget
- Understands each stakeholder in order to effectively communicate what they need or what is needed from them to remove blockers and stay on schedule
- 5+ years of professional experience
- At least 2+ years executing initiatives at a large company with numerous internal/external, and technical and non-technical dependencies.
- Experience working with large and globally distributed teams
- Experience developing executive-level reports, dashboards, presentations, and other project artifacts for an audience that may have varying degrees of technical expertise
The following skills and characteristics:
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university is a must
- Ability to navigate through ambiguity and drive a sense of urgency
- Ability to build collaborative partnerships across all levels
- Proficient with MS Suite and/or GSuite, Jira, Asana or other similar
- Consulting, Professional Services, Management, Business Systems Analyst, or Technical Project/Program Management experience at a large company
Nice to have:
- Professional Agile Certification such as Certified Scrum Master, Certified SAFe Scrum Master, PMI Agile Certified Practitioner etc.
Location: Remote, with a willingness to adapt working schedule to typical client business hours and/or project needs
- We do not accept resumes from agencies
- We do not sponsor visas
- Approximate contract length is 6 months
Interested? Please email your resume and a brief note stating why you think you're an excellent fit for this role to email@example.com.